There was standing room only in Panton Hall last Monday morning as parents, pupils and teachers gathered together for the first Infant and Juniors poetry recitation assembly of the school year. At Heritage, classes in Lower Prep through Year 6 learn a poem to perform at the end of each half-term; over time, the pupils will commit more than 40 poems to memory.
For this half-term, pupils recited the following poems.
- Lower Prep: Rain by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Upper Prep: Who has Seen the Wind by Christina Rossetti
- Year 2: Hurt No Living Thing by Christina Rossetti
- Year 3: Autumn Fires by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Year 4: The Eagle by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- Year 5: Sea-Fever by John Masefield
- Year 6: Night Mail by W H Auden
Each of the classes showed that they had put plenty of hard work into learning their poems, and we hope that the verses will stay with them for many years to come.